North Port-Brechin 1981 vintage Highland single malt Scotch whisky. Rare expression of the lost Scottish distillery matured in refill AMerican hogsheads and bottled 2004 by Gordon & MacPhail for the Connoisseurs Choice series.
North Port Brechin
North Port Distillery was established as Towhead Distillery close by the north gate or north port of the Burgh of Brechin in 1820. By 1825 coal was delivered by cart from Montrose then by steam train once the railway arrived in 1848. Just two stills and originally their copper worms resided in the Den Burn and so North Port spirit was cooled by the burn’s cold water as it flowed through the grounds of the distillery. North Port Distillery closed in 1983 and was demolished in 1994. Now the site supports a supermarket where a small section of a rescued red sandstone stone window frame forms a memorial to North Port or Brechin Distillery which is now a lost Scottish malt whisky distillery